Nov 2, 2012

Being together means all work divided

One of the first perceptible things that I noticed after my wedding was that I wasn't trudging along with my luggage all by myself anymore!! My husband would always lend me a helping hand and generously offer to carry some of the heavy stuff. And I remember feeling relieved and free. I thought to myself I can make some allowances to my independence here. The good thing about marriage is that you don't have to do all the work by yourself. You not only have someone to watch movies with, but also someone who you can share your banking and cooking responsibilities. Being independent is quintessential, but a good relationship allows you to slack a bit, let your hair down and not be too hard on yourself.

I'll complete a year by the time you are married and its been a breeze. I can tell you, the joy of togetherness lies as much in mundane as in the exotic. Enjoy yourself, be smart and slyly push more work on to Waridhi's plate :P

No comments:

Post a Comment