Nov 21, 2012

Bridal Bootcamp 1 - Skin

The kind of skin I have (oily, acne prone) means I can never afford to neglect it completely unless of course, I wish to look like an ogre. However, with an impending marriage, I've become more conscious and conscientious of how I treat my skin. I do want to get rid of most of my Acne scars without having to resort to any cosmetic treatments. So ever since there's been the sword of a big day hanging over my head, I've been trying to stick to the basics regularly. Here's what I've learned in the last two weeks:

  1. Pomegranate is your best friend - as a fruit, as juice. Consume loots of it. It's softened and cleared my skin like nothing else has. Pomegranate alternated with what I am going to mention in point 2.
  2. Also berries - cranberry, strawberry whatever berry you can lay your hands on. Again if not the berry then it's juice.
  3. If you like walnuts, pop in a couple every day. If you are like me and don't like to eat the nut solo, head for a walnut brownie now and then! (Just kidding there... just have more pomegranate. You'll be sick of pomegranate but that's still better than walnuts. Ugh!)
  4. No matter what your skin type, hydrate hydrate, hydrate a.k.a drink lots of water.
  5. Replace carbs with fibre (eat fruit with the skin on where possible, lots of salads, you get the drift). It fills your tummy and helps your body detoxify as well. The more your body flushes toxins, the clearer your skin.
  6. If you have oily, pimply skin like me, cinnamon powder mixed with honey and applied every other day does wonders.
  7. Use a good toner at least once a day. For my skin type (oily, prone to breakouts), I recommend Clinique's No 3 Toner. It's stood me in good stead and cleans up the skin real well. 
  8. If you are heading into dusty terrain, use foundation. It protects your skin from all the dirt and grit.
  9. Sleep. At least 8 hrs. a day. On a good, comfy pillow. They ARE right about beauty sleep... fortunately or unfortunately.
  10. Don't experiment with skin products. Stick to what you know works for you. Just make sure you are super regular about it. It's really all that I have done different these two weeks and I can begin to see results already.

No comments:

Post a Comment